Tuesday 7 February 2017

A-Z Book Tag: Fictional crushes, currently reading and more!


We've hit the one-month mark of 2017, and in turn, one month of pursuing our reading goals. Although I'm slightly ahead of schedule, I've hit a few snags with a couple of books I couldn't get through, either because they were due back at the library, or because the material was very difficult to get through. I'm learning fairly early on in my reading challenge that not everything goes according to plan—and that's okay. 

I also have a REALLY exciting blog post coming up soon (well, it's certainly exciting for me.) Let's just say if you like nerding out about organization, books and home decor, you will enjoy this upcoming blog post. That's all I can say for now...

Now on to the fun stuff. While watching some videos on BookTube (AKA the book community on YouTube), I came across the A to Z Bookish Survey by the Perpetual Page-Turner and decided to give it a go. Let me know in the comments if you have any of these answers in common!


***

Author you’ve read the most books from:
If I'm not counting J.K. Rowling, it's Ellen Hopkins.

Best sequel ever:
I don't have a favourite (yet).

Currently reading:
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

Drink of choice while reading:
Right now I like mango juice.

E-reader or physical book?
I like reading in different formats.

Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school:
Neville Longbottom (because he's similar to my actual boyfriend.)

Glad you gave this book a chance:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I haven't read it yet, but I think I may like it.

Hidden gem book:
I seem to remember liking Please Don't Kill the Freshman by Zoe Trope when I was young, but I don't know anyone else whose read it.

Important moment in your reading life:
When I discovered Harry Potter was written by a woman, I realized I could write books. I know that just sounds so sad, but it's true. That was the moment I decided I wanted to be a writer.

Just finished:
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness.

Kinds of books you won’t read:
I've never read a cook book all the way through, but like Justin Bieber, I will never say never. 

Longest book you’ve read:
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. (Well, it certainly felt the longest.)

Major book hangover because of:
I…I honestly don't know what this means! Haha.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
One.

One book you have read multiple times:
I read Holes by Louis Sachar eight times as a child. I loved it dearly.

Preferred place to read:
In my bed.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
"It had never occurred to me that our lives, which had been so closely interwoven, could unravel with such speed. If I’d known, maybe I’d have kept tighter hold of them, and not let unseen tides pull us apart.
— Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Reading regret:
I regret not belonging to a fandom (other than Harry Potter.) I wish I had more sense of a bookish community growing up.


Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series):
I have picked up and put down The Maze Runner so many times—I'm determined to finish the series!


Three of your All-Time Favorite books:
1. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
2. Carrie by Stephen King
2. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

Unapologetic fangirl for:
Roxane Gay!

Very excited for this release more than all the others:
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.

Worst bookish habit:
I used to have a really bad habit of taking out too many books from the library at once, but now I'm much better and only borrow 1-2 at a time. 


X Marks The Spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides.

Your latest book purchase:
Feminism and Pop Culture by Andi Zeisler.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness kept me awake until 1 a.m. sobbing into my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment